The La Mesa Assistance program helps eligible residents, who reside in the city of La Mesa, that have a past-due mortgage or rent balance. The program provides assistance for households that meet the eligibility requirements and have been impacted financially due to the pandemic and may cover future mortgage or rent payments. Applications will be accepted until funds are no longer available.
The La Mesa Assistance program began accepting Mortgage applications on 10/13/2021 at 8:00 AM PT and will begin accepting Rental applications on 2/14/2022 at 8:00 AM PT and continue until program funds are exhausted. Eligible applications will be reviewed and processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you have any questions, please send us an email at email@example.com or call us at 619-643-6202.
Customers may apply for assistance in one of the following ways:
*Preferred* – CLICK a button below to apply online:
Rental Assistance Application Start Date:
2/14/2022 8:00 am PT
*Alternative Method* – Download, print, complete and drop off the application:
CLICK to download the Mortgage or Rental forms. Drop off the completed application and supporting documents to 333 E Main St, El Cajon, CA 92020.
Households Eligible (All must be true):
- Mortgage and rental payment must be for a property located within City of La Mesa limits.
- Must have a deed, purchase contract or lease agreement with verifiable address.Adult tenants (18 years or older) need to be named on the document provided.
- Total household income (all persons over 18 years old) within the past 30-days must be at or below 80% of the Annual Income Limits below.
- Households experiencing loss of income directly related to COVID-19 (loss of income must not be earlier than March 1, 2020).
- Must have documented job loss, lay off, reduced hours or wage reduction due to testing positive for COVID-19, or caring for someone who is COVID-19 positive; or
- Business closure (temporary or permanent) due to COVID-19.
Which Households are NOT Eligible:
- Households receiving other government-based mortgage or rental assistance.
- Must not be facing current eviction/foreclosure proceedings for issues other than non-payment of mortgage or rent from March 1st, 2020, to the present.
- If mortgage or rent is past due prior to March 1, 2020.
Financial Assistance Provided:
- Mortgage and rental payment assistance for a maximum amount of $5,000.
- Mortgage payment assistance may cover past due mortgage.
- Mortgage payment assistance may cover future mortgage payments.
- Rental payment assistance may cover past due rent.
- Rental payment assistance may cover future rent payments.
- Payments will be made directly to landlord on behalf of household (with household verification).
Rental Assistance Application Start Date: 2/14/2022 8:00 am PT
Household income must be below 80% of the Annual Income Limit:
|FAMILY SIZE||80% of AMI
|50% of AMI
Very Low Income
|Extremely Low Income|
Please watch these videos for more information: