The Mortgage Assistance program helps eligible households that have past due mortgage balance who reside in the City of La Mesa. The program provides assistance for approved customers that have been impacted financially due to the pandemic. Applications will be accepted until funds are no longer available.
The La Mesa Mortgage will begin accepting applications on 10/13/2021 at 8:00AM PT and continue until program funds are exhausted. Eligible applications will be reviewed and processed on a first come, first-served basis
If you have any questions, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 619-643-6202.
Customers may apply for the assistance in one of the following ways:
- *Preferred* – Online application found here: https://forms.gle/p9VHTRwA5uLoti668
- Drop off an application and supporting documents to the Home Start office in El Cajon at 333 E. Main St, El Cajon CA 92020.
Households Eligible (All must be true):
- Mortgage payment must be for a property located within City
- Must have a deed or purchase contract with verifiable address.
- Total household income (all persons over 18 years old) within the past 30-days must be at or below 80% of the Annual Income Limits below.
- Households experiencing loss of income directly related to COVID-19.
- Must have documented job loss, lay off, reduced hours or wage reduction due to testing positive for COVID-19, or caring for someone who is COVID-19 positive; or
- Business closure (temporary or permanent) due to COVID-19.
Which Households are NOT Eligible:
- Households receiving other government-based mortgage assistance.
- Must not be facing current eviction/foreclosure proceedings for issues other than non-payment of mortgage from March 1st 2020 to the
- If mortgage is past due prior to March 1, 2020.
Financial Assistance Provided:
- One (1) to two (2) months of mortgage payment assistance for a maximum amount of $5,000.
- Assistance may cover past due balance for mortgage beginning no earlier than March 1, 2020.
- Payments will be made directly to mortgage lenders on behalf of household (with household verification).
Application Start Date: 10/13/2021 8:00am PT
Household income must be below 80% of the Annual Income Limit:
|FAMILY SIZE||80% of AMI
|50% of AMI
Very Low Income
|Extremely Low Income|
Please watch these videos for more info: