La Mesa Rental Assistance Program is no longer accepting applications. For additional support services, please contact the housing department at email@example.com. All applicants will be contacted in the next few weeks to discuss next steps.
Households Eligible (all must be true):
- Rent payment must be for a property located within City limits.
- Must have a written lease with verifiable address. Adult tenants (18 years or older) need to be named on the lease agreement.
- Total household income (all persons over 18 years old) within the past 30-days must be at or below the Annual Income Limits below.
- Households experiencing loss of income directly related to COVID-19.
- Must have documented job loss, lay off, reduced hours or wage reduction; or
- COVID-19 positive, or caring for someone who is COVID-19 positive; or
- Business closure (temporary or permanent) due to COVID-19.
Which Households are NOT Eligible:
- Households receiving other government-based rental assistance (including Tenant-Based Vouchers, Housing Choice Vouchers, Project Based Voucher projects).
- Must not be facing current eviction/foreclosure proceedings for issues other than non-payment of rent from March 1 to the present.
- If rent is past due prior to March 1, 2020.
- Households residing in Public Housing.
Financial Assistance Provided:
- One (1) to Three (3) months of rental payment assistance
- Assistance may cover past due balance for rent beginning no earlier March 1, 2020
- Maximum Amounts;
- Rent: Up to $2,500 per month to cover past due rent from March 1 onward related to COVID-19. Applicants may qualify one (1) to three (3) months of assistance for rent for a maximum amount of $5,000.
- Payments will be made directly to landlord on behalf of household (with household verification).
|FAMILY SIZE||80% of AMI Low Income||50% of AMI Very Low Income||Extremely Low Income|
Application Period: 8/31/2020 (8:00 a.m.) – 9/4/2020 (Midnight)
Application Review Period: 9/7/2020 – 10/15/2020
Grant Award Period: 9/7/2020 – 10/30/2020 (Rolling Basis)
Preferred Method: Submit application online here
Alternate Option: In-person applications can be submitted at 333 E Main Street, El Cajon, CA 92020 from 8am – 3pm on a first come first serve basis. Submissions accepted 8/31/2020 through 9/4/2020.
Watch this webinar for more info:
For questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 619-430-0032