The La Mesa Rental Assistance Program is now accepting applications on a rolling-basis. Eligible applications will be reviewed and processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Preferred Application Method: Submit online here
Instructions and important Information before you apply:
- Applications can be completed online or submitted at our office at 333 E. Main Street, El Cajon 92020 starting 11/2/20. Emailed applications will not be accepted.
- The link to submit applications will not work until 11/2/20 at 8am
- Please note that if you have received assistance, you will not be eligible for any additional funds.
- This program is first come, first serve. Applicants will be contacted in the order that their application was received.
- Since each applicant’s financial need is different, there is no way to predict how many applicants we can serve. Each applicant that is accepted will be contacted within 30 days of submission date. We will contact YOU when we can confirm your status. Do not call to check status until 12/1/20.
- This program is for PAST DUE balances only – if you do not have a past due balance, you are not eligible.
- All paperwork should be submitted with your application. Please watch our webinar and review documentation requirements below. If documents are not submitted with your application, or within 3 days of contact from staff, we have to move on to the next applicant.
Paperwork that must be submitted with your application:
- W-9 from your landlord
- PAST DUE ledger with amount and months that are overdue
- Picture of your ID
- Paystub prior to COVID
- Income documentation that your income has been impacted by COVID: unemployment, furlough letter, paystubs that indicate a decrease in house, bank statements, medical documents
Households Eligible (all must be true):
- Rent payment must be for a property located within City limits.
- Must have a written lease with verifiable address. Adult tenants (18 years or older) need to be named on the lease agreement.
- Total household income (all persons over 18 years old) within the past 30-days must be at or below the Annual Income Limits below.
- Households experiencing loss of income directly related to COVID-19.
- Must have documented job loss, lay off, reduced hours or wage reduction; or
- COVID-19 positive, or caring for someone who is COVID-19 positive; or
- Business closure (temporary or permanent) due to COVID-19.
Which Households are NOT Eligible:
- Households receiving other government-based rental assistance (including Tenant-Based Vouchers, Housing Choice Vouchers, Project Based Voucher projects).
- Must not be facing current eviction/foreclosure proceedings for issues other than non-payment of rent from March 1 to the present.
- If rent is past due prior to March 1, 2020.
- Households residing in Public Housing.
Financial Assistance Provided:
- One (1) to Three (3) months of rental payment assistance
- Assistance may cover past due balance for rent beginning no earlier March 1, 2020
- Maximum Amounts;
- Rent: Up to $2,500 per month to cover past due rent from March 1 onward related to COVID-19. Applicants may qualify one (1) to three (3) months of assistance for rent for a maximum amount of $5,000.
- Payments will be made directly to landlord on behalf of household (with household verification).
|FAMILY SIZE||80% of AMI Low Income||50% of AMI Very Low Income||Extremely Low Income|
Application Period: 11/2/2020 (8am) – Rolling Basis
Application Review Period: 11/2/2020 – Rolling Basis
Grant Award Period: 11/2/2020 – 12/30/2020 (Rolling Basis)
You will be contacted within 30 days. Questions will be responded to via email: email@example.com
Preferred Method: Submit application online here
Alternate Option: In-person applications can be submitted at 333 E Main Street, El Cajon, CA 92020 from 8am – 3pm on a first come first serve basis. Submissions accepted starting 11/2/2020. Download your applications here:
Watch these webinars for more info:
For questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org