The Helix Helps Customer Assistance program is now accepting applications on a rolling-basis. Eligible applications will be reviewed and processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
The intention of the program is to provide relief from past due water bills for customers who have been financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Preferred Application Method: Submit online https://forms.gle/d6pKR62axr3m2DDz9
Email address: Helixassistance@gmail.com
Instructions and important Information before you apply:
- Applications can be completed online or submitted at our office at 333 E. Main Street, El Cajon 92020 starting 4/5/2021. Emailed applications will not be accepted.
- The link to submit applications will not work until 4/5/2021.
- Applicants must be a current, single-family residential account holder with Helix Water District.
- The program can only be used one time.
- The award amount is up to $300, not to exceed the balance of the customers most recent past due water bill.
- Customers must agree to an amortization schedule for any remaining outstanding amounts, to be repaid within 12 months of the award.
- Household must have experienced a loss of income directly related to COVID-19:
a) Must have documented job loss, lay off, reduced hours or wage reduction; OR
b) COVID-19 positive or caring for someone who is COVID-19 positive; OR
c) Business closure (temporary or permanent) due to COVID-19.
- Household must not have received other government-based assistance for payment of their past-due Helix Water District bill.
- Applications can be completed online or submitted at the Home Start office at 333 E. Main Street, El Cajon 92020 starting April 2021. Emailed applications will not be accepted.
- This program is first come, first serve. Applicants will be contacted in the order that their application was received.
- Since each applicants financial need is different, there is no way to predict how many applicants the program will serve. Each applicant that is accepted will be contacted within 30 days of the submission date.
- This program is for PAST DUE balances only – customers without past due balances are not eligible.
- All paperwork should be submitted with the application. Required paperwork includes:
- PAST DUE bill with amount and months that are overdue.
- Copy of ID
- Paystub prior to COVID
- Income documentation that income has been impacted by COVID: unemployment, furlough letter, paystubs that indicate a decrease in hours, bank statements, medical documents, etc.
Please watch these videos for more info: