Job Summary: Provides mobile advocacy services and support to survivors of relationship violence, stalking, and sexual assault or abuser and their children.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to principles and practice of a DV focused Housing First model to include Trauma Informed Care, Harm Reduction and Safety Planning; Mobile Advocacy and Flexible Engagement.
- Collect agency referral form and conduct intake assessment for eligible participants seeking support, identifying housing service needs and coordinating initial service. Links clients with community resources as necessary.
- Provide ongoing support to domestic violence survivors including outreach to complete housing applications, program agreements, and assessments, and to provide housing orientations as appropriate.
- Connect client to community resources and services identified in their safety plan and housing plan.
- Assist the Domestic Violence Advocate in establishing an in-house library of written and electronic resources and material that can be used to support both professional development and community engagement efforts.
- Collects and records client and service information in a timely and accurate manner. Maintains client case files and records in an organized and easily accessible fashion.
- Attends and participates in individual and group supervision, team and staff meetings, and training as scheduled.
- Develops and maintains positive, supportive working relationships with other team members and all agency staff.
- Actively pursues professional development opportunities to stay current in the field.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Have completed or be working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in human services or other related fields.
- Experience: Knowledge of counseling and advocacy techniques for people who have been victims of domestic violence, including crisis intervention and case management skills beneficial.
- Skills: Demonstrated ability to be culturally sensitive and appropriate when working with others. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Computer literate as appropriate. Bilingual a plus.
- Abilities: Willingness to provide in-home services. Must be a team player and able to work independently.
- Other requirements: Must have a valid California driver’s license, a safe driving record, insurance, and reliable vehicle and willing to use it on the job. Mileage for work travel will be reimbursed.
- Sitting for long periods of time in the homes of clients, in the office or at required meetings and in supervision sessions.
- Daily traveling by car to clients, to agency or meetings.
- Occasional lifting and carrying of boxes or bags for delivery to clients (such as emergency food supplies).
- Frequent note-taking and recoding in files.
- Office space may be shared.
- Frequent travel to provide mobile advocacy for clients
To apply, please email email@example.com with the position name on the subject and attach your resume and cover letter.
Home Start, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the hiring of personnel because of gender, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship pregnancy, age, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or gender expression, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.