Job Summary: Under licensed clinical supervision, provides center, home, and school-based mental health therapy and case management services to children, teens, and families who have been victims of child abuse and neglect. Other treatment types may include group and individual therapy with adults and couples in our outpatient clinic.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides long-term individual therapeutic services to children. Services may include but are not limited to TF-CBT, PCIT, play therapy, family therapy, counseling, case management, intake line, crisis intervention, and advocacy.
- Provides case management services including assessment, identification of client needs and goals on case plan with ongoing monitoring and follow-up on progress toward goals. Links clients with community resources when necessary.
- Collects and records client and service information in a timely and accurate manner. Maintains client case files and records in an organized and easily accessible fashion.
- Attends and participates in individual and group supervision, team and staff meetings and training as scheduled.
- Develops and maintains positive, supportive working relationships with other team members and all agency staff.
- Ensures clients receive high-quality services as defined in the Agency Standards of Quality and protects client confidentiality.
- Assists supervisor in program development projects and participates in overall agency goal achievement.
- Actively pursues professional development opportunities to stay current in the field.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Doctorate or Master’s Degree in Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy, Social Work, Counseling, or other related fields. Must be able to register with the Board of Psychology as a Psychological Assistant (or a Registered Psychologist for post-doctorate students) or with the Board of Behavioral Sciences as a Registered Intern.
- Experience: Knowledge of child abuse dynamics, family violence, and family systems.
- Skills: Demonstrated ability to be culturally sensitive and appropriate when working with others. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Computer literate as appropriate. Bilingual a plus.
- Abilities: Willingness to provide in-home services. Must be a team player and able to work independently.
- Other requirements: Must have a valid California driver’s license, a safe driving record, insurance, and reliable vehicle and willing to use it on the job. Mileage for work travel will be reimbursed.
- Sitting for long periods of time in the homes of clients, in the office or at required meetings and in supervision sessions.
- Daily traveling by car to clients or to agency or meetings.
- Occasional lifting and carrying of boxes or bags for delivery to clients (such as emergency food supplies).
- Frequent note-taking and recoding in files.
- Office space may be shared.
- Flexible hours. Evenings and weekends availability a plus!
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the position name on the subject and attach your resume, cover letter and 3 letters of recommendation.
Home Start, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the hiring of personnel because of gender, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship pregnancy, age, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or gender expression, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.