The Oceanside Ratepayer Relief Program (ORRP) helps eligible households that are part of the City of Oceanside’s utility service (water, sewer and/or solid waste) that have fallen behind on their utility bill. The program provides a one-time credit for approved customers that have been impacted financially due to the pandemic, as well as those that have been approved for other public assistance programs. Applications will be accepted until funds are no longer available.
The Oceanside Ratepayer Relief Program will begin accepting applications on 08/02/2021 and continue until program funds are exhausted. Eligible applications will be reviewed and processed on a first come, first-served basis.
If you have any questions, please send us an email at OceansideRateRelief@oceansideca.org or call us at 619-782-2494.
Customers may apply for assistance in one of the following ways:
*Preferred* – CLICK a button below to apply online:
*Alternative Method* – Download, print, complete and drop off the application:
CLICK to download the English or Spanish form. Drop off the completed application and supporting documents to the City of Oceanside Water Utilities counter (City of Oceanside Civic Center, 300 N. Coast Hwy, 92054, City Hall South Building, First Floor)
The eligibility criteria for the program are as follows:
1. Must be a current account holder with the City of Oceanside (all rate classes are eligible).
2. The amount of the award is dependent upon the rate class, according to the following table, not to exceed the past due balance of the most recent bill:
|Rate Class||Assistance Amount|
3. Applications must be completed online or submitted in person at the City of Oceanside’s Water Utilities Counter.
4. Required documentation for eligibility in the program includes:
- Completed Application
- City of Oceanside utility bill showing past due balance
- Copy of picture ID
- Documentation related to being impacted:
- Pay stubs before and after showing reduction of hours
- Approved unemployment application
- Furlough letter iv. Absence from work due to contracting or caring for a household member that has contracted COVID-19
- Participation in one of the following Public Assistance Programs:
|Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance|
|CalFresh (Food Stamps) / SNAP|
|CalWORKs (TANF) or Tribal TANF|
|Head Start Income Eligible (Tribal Only)|
|Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)|
|Medicaid/Medi-Cal for Families A & B|
|National School Lunch Program (NSLP)|
|Supplemental Security Income (SSI) 9. Women, Infants and Children (WIC)|
5. The program can only be used one time.
6. The program is for past due balances only. Customers without past due balances are not eligible.
7. The amount of the credit will not exceed the past due portion of the bill. If the past due balance is less than the amount of the eligible credit, the remaining portion of the credit will be forfeited.
8. Customers with a past due balance that is greater than the amount of the approved award must agree to and be placed on a payment program not to exceed 12 months to repay the outstanding amount, as well as stay current with new charges.
9. The program is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
10. The City of Oceanside reserves the right to end the program at any time.
Please watch these videos for more info: