Job Summary: Using the Agency owned vehicle, the driver is responsible for making pick-ups and deliveries of donated food, clothing, and household items.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts pre-trip vehicle inspections
- Drives to a designated destination to pick-up/load donated items into the truck
- Ensures load is secure and protected during transit
- Delivers/off-loads goods to a warehouse facility or other designated locations as needed
- Maintains Driver Logs as required
- Maintains cleanliness of truck and advises supervisor of needed maintenance
- Education: High school education or equivalent and related experience and/or training.
- Abilities: Must be able to work a flexible, on-call schedule and have the ability to drive a 15-foot box truck with an automatic transmission; lift up to 60 pounds; apply common sense to carry out simple written or oral instructions; and work as a team member. Must be punctual and prepared to work in any traffic, weather, and timing according to the agency’s business needs.
- Skills: Must read and comprehend simple instructions and read road maps. Must have a valid California driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Sitting for long periods of time in a vehicle.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Warehouse facility.
- Outdoor environment.
- The noise level fluctuates from quiet to noisy.
Want to volunteer?
Subscribe below to sign up.
Thank you for your interests! You will hear from us soon.