Home Start’s Thrift Boutique social enterprise provides revenue to support our life-changing programs. The store also provides a supportive setting for young mothers in our Maternity Shelter program to develop job skills and gain work experience as they move toward greater independence. Home Start provides a hand up, not just a handout.
Located at 3611 Adams Avenue in the Normal Heights neighborhood in San Diego, the Thrift Boutique is open Tuesday through Saturday from 11 am to 6 pm, and Sunday 12 to 5 pm. Generous donors help us keep the Boutique stocked with unique gifts, quality clothing, and fine furnishings.
Shop, donate or volunteer!
Not your average thrift store, visit for a great selection of unique clothing, gifts, and furniture. We also welcome your gently used donations.
Special January Deals:
- 50% OFF Purses
- 50% OFF Jackets
- 50% OFF Scarves
- 50% OFF Books
- 20% OFF Regular Priced Merchandise when you like and Follow Us on Facebook or Yelp
January Sales Events:
- Jan. 13th – Bag Sale: Fill a whole bag of clothing-$10
- Jan. 18th – Third Thursday Sale: 20% OFF all regular priced merchandise
- Jan. 20th – Garage Sale: 8am-12pm in the alley behind the Boutique
- Jan. 28th – Bag Sale: Fill a whole bag of clothing-$10
Super Sunday Deals: Every Sunday in January
- 50% OFF Pants and Jeans
- 50% OFF Jewelry
- 50% OFF Boutique Rack
20% OFF Daily Deals
Daily Deals valid on all regular priced merchandise. Valid ID required.
- Tues – Senior Discount Day*
- Wed – Military Discount Day*
- Thurs – Student Discount Day*
Who Made it possible?
The Home Start Thrift Boutique is a dream realized through a generous legacy gift from Margaret “Meg” Jacobs, who died of complications from breast cancer in 2012. Meg was a social worker who worked at Home Start early in her career. Through this gift, Home Start has touched the lives of so many more children and families in need of our support.