Home Start’s Thrift Boutique social enterprise provides revenue to support our life-changing programs. The store also provides a supportive setting for young mothers in our Maternity Shelter program to develop job skills and gain work experience as they move toward greater independence. Home Start provides a hand up, not just a handout.
Located at 3611 Adams Avenue in the Normal Heights neighborhood in San Diego, the Thrift Boutique is open Tuesday through Saturday from 11 am to 6 pm. Generous donors help us keep the Boutique stocked with unique gifts, quality clothing, and fine furnishings.
Follow the Boutique on Facebook and Instagram for the first look at new items and insider scoops on flash sales and special deals. Get an additional 20% when you like or follow us on Facebook or Yelp!
Shop, donate or volunteer!
Special November Deals:
- Dishware 50% OFF
- Books 50% OFF
- Jackets 50% OFF
- Shoes 50% OFF
- 20% OFF Regular Priced Merchandise when you like and Follow Us on Facebook or Yelp
November Sales Events:
- Nov. 11th – Bag Sale: Fill a whole bag of clothing-$10
- Nov. 16th – Third Thursday Sale: 20% OFF all regular priced merchandise
- Nov. 18th – Garage Sale: 8am-12pm in the alley behind the Boutique
- Nov. 24th – Black Friday Sale: 50% OFF Everything (excludes furniture)
- Nov. 25th – Adams Ave Spirit Stroll: 50% OFF all clothing
20% OFF Daily Deals
Daily Deals valid on all regular priced merchandise. Valid ID required.
- Tues – Senior Discount Day*
- Wed – Military Discount Day*
- Thurs – Student Discount Day*
Home Start Thrift Boutique is a dream realized through a generous legacy gift from Margaret “Meg” Jacobs, who died of complications from breast cancer in 2012. Meg was a social worker who worked at Home Start early in her career. Through this gift, Home Start has touched the lives of so many more children and families in need of our support.