Home Start’s Communities in Action Program (CinA) helps families move toward safety, empowerment and connection by providing tools and increasing options for self-determination, financial independence, and healthy choices.
We offer families a hand up through support services designed to help move individuals and families towards self-sufficiency. Services are tailored to the client’s specific needs and each client is treated as a partner in the creation of their individualized service plans.
Communities in Action’s continuum of care includes:
- Referrals to Community Resources & Benefits Application Assistance
- Stabilization supports (such as clothing, emergency food, emergency utility assistance and hygiene packs) to assist those experiencing a crisis or who are vulnerable to an imminent crisis situation
- Workforce Development support (resume building; interviewing skills; job search assistance; guidance on obtaining promotions)
- Financial Skills Classes
- Access to Free Tax Assistance to benefit from the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Child Tax Credit
- Education and cognitive development services with an inter-generational approach to foster life-enhancing growth for families.
- Resident Leadership Academy: A program to develop leadership skills and engage community residents
The Communities in Action program office:
Jacobs Center For Neighborhood Innovation
404 Euclid Avenue, Suite 328
San Diego, CA 92114
Phone (619) 229-3660
Office Hours (Monday – Friday)
8:30 A.M. – 12 P.M.
(closed for lunch)
12:30 P.M. – 4:30 P.M.
Spanish and English languages available. Se habla Español e Ingles.