Home Start’s Communities in Action Program (CinA) helps families move toward safety, empowerment and connection by providing tools and increasing options for self-determination, financial independence, and healthy choices.
Communities in Action’s continuum of care includes:
- Referrals to Community Resources including:
- Connection and follow up
- Job readiness supports (resume
building; interviewing skills; job search assistance; guidance on obtaining promotions)
- CalFresh and Medical
- Financial Literacy (No Income Restrictions)
- Creating personal budgets
- Checking credit score
- Back taxes preparation
- Match Savings
- Access to Free Tax Assistance to benefit from the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Child Tax Credit
Eligible families must:
- Be receiving Public Assistance, SSI, Low Income or No Income AND
- Live in one of the following communities: 92101, 92102, 92103, 92104, 92105, 92113, 92114, 92115, 92116, 92134, 92136, 92139 and 92182
The Communities in Action program office:
Jacobs Center For Neighborhood Innovation
404 Euclid Avenue, Suite 328
San Diego, CA 92114
Phone (619) 229-3660
Office Hours (Monday – Friday)
8:30 A.M. – 12 P.M.
(closed for lunch)
12:30 P.M. – 4:30 P.M.
Spanish and English languages available. Se habla Español e Ingles.
We offer families a hand up through support services designed to help move individuals and families towards self-sufficiency. Services are tailored to the client’s specific needs and each client is treated as a partner in the creation of their individualized service plans.
Home Start’s Communities in Action Program is funded by the County of San Diego.