Home Start is in the community working to strengthen families every day. You can change the life of a child and help stop the cycle of abuse and neglect with a variety of volunteer opportunities.
Volunteering as a group is a fun and rewarding way to help the community. Either with your family, friends, classmates, or work colleagues, group volunteering improves teamwork and bonding!
- Donation Sort: Sorting through generously donated items such as clothing, books, housewares, small appliances, and furniture.
- Host a Drive: Collect much needed items at your school, work place, or neighborhood.
Throughout the year, we host fundraisers, events, and projects – and you can be a part of it!
- April: Blue Ribbon Gala – Click here for the 2018 Gala!
- October: Hallo-Wine Fall Festival
- December: Toy Drive and Distribution
Have fun while helping us raise much needed funds for Home Start! In each event we need volunteers for Set Up, Check In, Check Out, Silent Auction, Live Auction, and Clean Up after all the fun.
Volunteers that donate their time regularly are the backbone of our organization!
- Thrift Boutique: Various tasks are available for volunteers, from sorting items and pricing, to customer service. Scheduled from Tuesday through Sunday between 11:00 am and 6:00 pm.
- Garage Sales: One Saturday a month we open the backdoors of the Thrift Boutique for a garage sale, from 7:30am to 1pm, and we are in need of helping hands!
- Front Desk/Greeter: Welcome clients and guests, help with phone screening, and have a great experience helping those in need!
- Administrative/Office: Do you have a knack for data entry and spreadsheets? Multiple programs could use help with administrative tasks.
- Filing: If you have a few hours a month to help and are interested in organization and filing, this is the place for you!
- Childcare: Be an on-call babysitter and support our clients by allowing parents to focus on Home Start’s classes while you take care of their children.
Want to use a special skill or have a great idea that is not listed above? Contact us and we can create a special project for you or your group!
For more information on volunteering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 619.692.0727 ext. 103
Sign up to receive more information about volunteering at Home Start!
For further information regarding the California Volunteers Service Enterprise Initiative, please visit: www.CaliforniaVolunteers.org