Home Start is in the community working to strengthen families every day. You can change the life of a child and help stop the cycle of abuse and neglect with a variety of volunteer opportunities.
Volunteers that donate their time regularly are the backbone of our organization!
- Thrift Boutique: Various tasks are available for volunteers: sort donations, sales assistance, repair jewelry, test electronics, rewire lamps, and more!
- Front Desk/Greeter: Welcome clients and guests, help with phone screening, and have a great experience helping those in need!
- Administrative/Office: Do you have a knack for data entry and spreadsheets? Multiple programs could use help with administrative tasks.
- Skilled Volunteers: If you have a special interest or skill you want to further develop, such as Human Resources, Development, Finances, and Management, you can use it to help those in need!
Throughout the year, we host fundraisers, events, and projects – and you can be a part of it! Have fun while helping us raise much needed funds for Home Start!
- April: Blue Ribbon Gala
- October: Hallo-Wine Fall Festival
- December: Toy Drive and Distribution
Volunteering as a group is a fun and rewarding way to help the community. Either with your family, friends, classmates, or work colleagues, group volunteering improves teamwork and bonding! To learn more about the opportunities and group recognition, please click here.
- Donation Sort: Sorting through generously donated items such as clothing, books, housewares, small appliances, and furniture.
- Wishlist Drive: Collect much needed items at your school, work place, or neighborhood.
- Special Projects: Plan one-day activities, such as painting, craft day, dinner, summer fun activities for the kids. Click here to check the summer opportunities!
Want to use a special skill or have a great idea that is not listed above? Contact us and we can create a special project for you or your group!
For more information on volunteering, please email email@example.com or call 619.692.0727 ext. 103
Want to volunteer? Sign up here!
For further information regarding the California Volunteers Service Enterprise Initiative, please visit: www.CaliforniaVolunteers.org