Get a good deal and do good things at the same time
We’re no ordinary thrift shop. The Home Start Thrift Boutique offers a huge selection of gently used clothing, household goods and furniture for sale.
As a social enterprise, The Home Start Thrift Boutique reinvests its profits back into programs that help at-risk families and children thrive and succeed. The Thrift Boutique also employs Home Start clients, teaching them sustainable job skills.
What you’ll find at the Thrift Boutique
- Furniture – tables, chairs, bed frames, bookshelves, sofas, recliners, dressers, nightstands
- Household accessories – lamps, mirrors, clocks, decorative pillows, electronics
- Kitchen goods – dishes, glasses, bowls,
- Clothing – vintage clothing, kids’ clothes, girls’ clothes, boys’ clothes, workplace clothing, dresses, jeans, blouses, sweaters, jackets, coats, hats, shoes, sneakers, t-shirts, skirts, pants
- Jewelry – vintage and modern necklaces, pins, earrings, bracelets, watches
Home Start Thrift Boutique location:
3611 Adams Avenue, Normal Heights
Tuesday – Saturday, 10 am – 6 pm
Make a Donation to the Thrift Boutique
Having a Marie Kondo moment? De-clutter your life and donate your gently used clothing and household goods to the Thrift Boutique. We’ll provide a tax receipt.
Special Weekly Discount Days – Get 20% Off
- Tuesday – Senior Discount Day (age 65+)
- Wednesday – Military Discount Day
- Thursday – Student Discount Day
20% discounts valid on all regular priced merchandise. Valid ID required.
Thank you, Meg Jacobs
The Home Start Thrift Boutique is a dream realized through a generous legacy gift from Margaret “Meg” Jacobs, who died of complications from breast cancer in 2012. Meg was a social worker who worked at Home Start early in her career. Through this gift, Home Start has touched the lives of so many more children and families in need of our support.