We had a joyfully successful Mother’s Day Donation Drive this month, raising $52,532! Thank you to everyone who contributed and to our amazing partners at the Rodeki Foundation.
Thanks to your generosity, Home Start is able to continue our efforts helping San Diego families cope with the COVID-19 crisis – including many single moms; keeping their children safe and thriving during these most difficult circumstances.
A few examples of lives changed.
We wanted to share just a few of their stories and show how your dollars are making a difference across San Diego County. *Names have been changed for privacy.
- Alexa,* in our temporary housing, successfully transitioned out of our program last week. Her and her daughter moved into safe and secure housing after participating in all supportive services. Congratulations!
- Shauna*, a mother from permanent supportive housing has been regularly communicating with our Child Development Specialist. Shauna came up with a colorful schedule for her pre-school age son that was shared with other clients in the program due to its success. It’s been a great tool as we help moms learn how to keep children engaged and learning while home from school.
- Our staff are welcoming Cynthia* this week into her own apartment. She is excited to settle in and prepare her new home for the arrival of her baby due at the end May.
- East County staff has helped 17 families with emergency food, provided diapers for 32 of our clients every week, and toilet paper and wipes to clients in need.
- The Rapid Rehousing Team (RRH) has recently placed 8 families facing homelessness into their own homes, helped families in financial crisis make rent, and provided grocery gift cards to families struggling to put food on the table.
We are so humbled and inspired by our community pulling together in a time of need. As a nonprofit agency, we rely on contributions to support all of our programs serving the needs of vulnerable women and children.
Your continued support is vital.
But more and more families are needing resources each day. It’s never too late to help and there are many ways you can pitch in today. Thank you!
- Purchase Amazon Wish List items that our families are in most need of (they can be sent directly to our main office).
- As you shop online in the coming weeks please shop through Amazon Smile and designate Home Start as your partner charity and we will receive a portion of each purchase you make.
- Purchase a candle from our social enterprise, Bright Futures Candles.
- Spring clean and save high quality gently used furniture, clothing, household items – once the situation allows, we will resume donation pick ups at your home or office.
- Donate to our COVID-19 relief efforts to continue serving families in crisis.