Thanks for your interest in volunteering with us! In recognition of National Child Abuse Prevention Month, the Blue Ribbon Gala raises much-needed funds for Home Start’s programs which provide critical assistance to San Diego County’s most vulnerable children and families.
This is going to be a very fun event, so join us and help change lives!
Set-Up 12:00pm – 4:00pm
We need crafty and creative volunteers to help us prepare for this amazing event. Volunteers will set up table coverings, chair covers, centerpieces, as well as prepare the silent auction tables with items, descriptions, clipboards, bid sheets, etc.
Registration 4:00pm – 8:00pm
Computer savvy people are welcome to join us at the registration table, check in guests, assign bid numbers and list table numbers on program/bid card, and clean up the registration table. Greater Giving Training will be provided.
Activities 4:00pm – 8:00pm
If you are outgoing and communicative, these are great opportunities for you! Encourage guests to interact and engage with fun activities. Clean and rearrange the room for check out.
- Silent Auction
- Photo Booth Assistant
- Selfie Area
- Laugh-in Wall – exciting new addition!
- Pinwheel Garden – exciting new addition!
- Boutique Pop Up – the Thrift Boutique will bring one-of-a-kind specially selected items for purchase
Live Auction 7:00pm – 10:00pm
Observant and detail oriented volunteers are a must for the event! You will be stationed around the ballroom, record live auction winners and paddle raisers, and fill out donor form. After the auction is done, this crew will also help with clean up.
Check Out 8:00pm – 11:00pm
- Clerks: Computer savvy volunteers that will check out guests, finalize the payments, and help with clean-up. Greater Giving Training will be provided.
- Runners: When the Silent Auction is finish, the volunteers will rearrange room for the check out, retrieve items for the winning guests as requested by clerks, and help with the clean-up.
*Job descriptions and times may change during the event.